These even better sausage balls are a twist on a classic recipe. One batch may not even be enough once you take one bite.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Servings: 52 balls
- 1 box of Red Lobster biscuit mix
- 1 package 16oz hot sausage
- 6 oz block of sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 oz block of pepper jack cheese
- 6 oz Hall’s Beer Cheese (Your choice of Original or Hot ‘n Snappy)
Use fresh shredded cheese and not pre-shreddedcheese for this recipe. The starch on the pre-shredded cheese keeps the mixture from sticking together to form the balls.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the biscuit mix and seasoning together with the sausage.
- Shred both blocks of cheese and add the cheese to the sausage and biscuit mix. Mix together well. Add beer cheese to the mixture last.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (to avoid sticking to the pan) and roll 1inch balls of the sausage ball mix spacing apart.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes and let cool on some paper towels to soak up some of the grease from the sausage.