Pumpkin Cake Roll is everyone’s favorite fall dessert. This moist pumpkin cake is filled with a cream cheese filling and delicious pumpkin spices.
Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 45m
- 3 large eggs separated, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 8 ounces Hall’s Beer Cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed until thick and lemon-colored.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and pumpkin, beating on high until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Spread onto prepared pan
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Unroll cake; spread filling evenly to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up again, without towel.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting.