Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 3 russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 t salt
- ½ t ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 oz Hall’s Beer Cheese (your choice of Original or Hot ‘n Snappy)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Sour cream, for serving
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Slice potatoes into 1/2″ coins.
- In a large bowl, toss the potato rounds in olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder, and toss until evenly coated. Place in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until golden browned and tender, flipping halfway through. Place potato rounds onto a platter.
- Top each potato round with beer cheese. (I fill an empty ketchup or mustard bottle with warmed up beer cheese with 3 T half & half added to it) Place beer cheese and half & half into a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until beer cheese is smooth. Drizzle beer cheese mixture with a side-to-side motion across all potato rounds. Top with round with the crumbled bacon.
- Dollop sour cream onto each potato and garnish with green onions.