Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 package pork sausage
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 15 slices
- 8 oz Hall’s Beer Cheese (Your choice Original or Hot ‘n Snappy)
- ⅔ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1½ teaspoon finely chopped rosemary (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cook pork sausage per package instructions. Crumble, drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush both sides of bread slices with oil; place in single layer on baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or until both sides of each bread slice are lightly toasted, turning after 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, sausage, beer cheese, red pepper, onion and basil in large bowl. Stir in rosemary and cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Top bread slices with sausage mixture.
Bake 7-10 minutes or until topping is thoroughly heated. Serve warm.