Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 8 servings
These mashed potatoes are creamy & savory with the perfect amount of beer cheese and butter.
- 3 pounds potatoes russet or Yukon gold
- 4 ounces Hall’s Beer Cheese softened (Original or Hot ‘n Snappy)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/3 cup salted butter melted
- 2 T milk or cream (or more as needed)
- salt & pepper to taste
- handful of your choice of shredded cheese (We used sharp cheddar)
Peel and cut potatoes in quarters.
Bring potatoes to a boil and cook uncovered 15-20 minutes or until fork-tender.
Drain well and place potatoes in a mixer.
Mashed potatoes first. Add beer cheese, butter and sour cream to the potatoes and mix.
Season with salt and pepper.
Top with shredded cheese and chives. Serve hot.